Did you know that by registering for Free School Meals your child not only has the opportunity to enjoy a free school meal but he/she could also be entitled to a substantial reduction in the cost of residential visits and music tuition?
The school also benefits from additional funding for all students who are registered for free school meals or who have been registered in the past 6 years. This funding is given to schools to raise the attainment of children and enables us to provide many additional support mechanisms such as one to one tuition and booster classes along with financial support for educational visits and activities.
Am I Eligible for Free School Meals?
Free school meals are offered to children whose parents receive:
* Income Support
* Income based Employment & Support Allowance
* Income based Jobseekers Allowance
* Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
* Child Tax Credit provided your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 and provided that Working Tax Credit is not included.
We are not allowed to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned above.
How to Apply
Complete and return the attached application form to Mrs Seymour together with proof of benefit so that we can assess eligibility. Proof of benefit cannot be demonstrated by a bank statement or photocopies, only by an original of the following:
* Income Support – letter from the Department of Work and Pension (DWP)/Jobcentre Plus dated within
one month of application showing breakdown of income support payment.
* Income Based Employment & Support Allowance – letter from DWP/Jobcentre Plus dated within one
month of application.
* Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit and ‘annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue’
of below the threshold figure for the year) – All pages of the TC602 Inland Revenue tax credit
award notice for the current tax year.
* State pension credit – Pension Credit M1000 Award Notice.
Please help us to provide the best support for your child by registering for free school meals if you are eligible, registration is completely confidential.